Designer Tidbits: Anna Griffin



The Fat Quarter Shop is so excited to welcome Anna Griffin to the Jolly Jabber. Anna is so sweet, every time I see her I get starstruck and today is no different!  Her latest fabric collection is Twinkle Bright from Anna Griffin Fabrics.




Q: What or who would you dedicate this collection to? Do you have an inspiration board?
A: Twinkle Bright is a fun, retro approach to holiday quilting fabric. Its Christmas past meets Christmas present with vintage patterns of poinsettias, multi-color holly and sparkling snowflakes.




I drew my inspiration from the “shiny bright” ornaments from the 40’s and 50’s, along with my vast collection of antique wrapping papers. These fabrics are dedicated to all of the quilters who love the look of the old but need more of it!

Q: What is your favorite project using this collection?
A: Goodness, I have a hard time choosing favorites, but I think the whimsical stockings we made for Quilt Market are the most fun project we’ve done. They have curly toes with bells at the top and they use contrasting fabrics for the body and the cuff.




Q: If time travel became possible, what year would you want to be in?
A: Oh, to travel back in time! How much fun would that be? Let’s see… it would have to be sometime during the 18th century, where my only worry would be about what beautiful fabric I would choose to create my latest dress or newest décor for my lavish manor house in the French countryside. What a life that would have been!

Q: If you had to change your first name what would you change it to?
A: That’s a funny question! If I had to change my name, I would change it to Griffin… but then I’d have to change my last name, too, because I really couldn’t be Griffin Griffin, now could I?

Q: What was your favorite childhood TV show?
A: I spent a lot of time in front of the TV growing up. There were so many great shows; it’s hard to choose just one. From Andy Griffith to I Love Lucy, I adore classic TV… but if I had to choose, I would have to say, The Brady Bunch! Who can resist Marsha, Cindy and Jan?

Q: Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
A: I have a great celebrity radar… I’ve met Martha Stewart, Alec Baldwin, Mariah Carey, Al Roker, Tori Spelling, Josh Groban, Kim Basinger, Joan Rivers, Art Smith, Hugh Acheson… the list goes on and on!

Q: What is your favorite App on your phone?
A: Instagram is the most interesting new app I have. It seems to have my full attention these days.

Q: If you could marry a technology, what would it be?
A: If I could marry a technology, I would definitely marry Apple. I do so much with Mac technology – from designing Anna Griffin products on my desktop to catching up on celebrity gossip on my iPad to keeping up with friends – and playing Angry Birds – on my iPhone. I love it all, and couldn’t live without it!



Labels: ,